- Two children have the Rocket Game Board between them and a counter each.
- The 10 number cards are shuffled and placed face-down near the board.
- Now the first player turns over a number card, he or she then looks for the first complementary number on the track.
- E.g: if they turn over a 3 they move to the first 7 (3+7=10) on the track
- if they turn over a 10 they move to the first zero (10+0=10)
- The image above shows a game after a few cards have been used. Here the digit 6 has been revealed, the player may move their counter to the closest number bond to 10.
- Next, the next player chooses his card. Counters of players always move forward.
- The game continues until one player reaches Earth at the top of the board.
The game can be adapted in a number of ways:
- Dice could be used instead of the number cards
- Some number cards could be omitted
Similar resources for younger children.
Taken from: Bonds to 10 – Rocket Game